The 2nd Meeting of the Atlantic Strategy Committee under the Portuguese Presidency was held at the Alcântara Water Factory, on June 15th, and Chaired by the Director-General of Maritime Policy, Marisa Lameiras da Silva.
This meeting was attended in person and remotely by the members of the Committee and some guests, and the following topics were discussed:
- The approval of the priorities and objectives of the Portuguese Presidency, as well as the ministerial meeting to be held in October;
- The Cardiff Declaration and the European Parliament's Transatlantic Cooperation pilot project by the Atlantic Arc Commission
- International blue economy activities in the Atlantic area
- The state of play of the Interreg Atlantic Area
- Funding opportunities from the European Executive Agency for Climate, Infrastructure and the Environment (CINEA)